Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 lb7 ,163000 miles that has developed a slight coolant leak on the drivers rear side of motor. I just changed the water pump with a new gm pump about 2 months ago. It didnt start to leak untill last week. But its been very cold lately. It appears to be leaking at the rear of the crossover tube. It doesnt leak all the time. What holds the tube in the rear of the motor? I am guessing that it is sandwiched between the waterpump and something. Also is there any coolant hoses that run around to the rear of the engine on the drivers side that could be leaking?Truck runs great no over heating or any thing. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ozzy, Just had the same problem on my 2002. It started leaking just before my injectors went out. Truck was in the dealer with the injector job when i asked them to look at the leak. It was a short line, and I swear to God I can't remember where it ran to or from. This is really chapping my butt right now. But from what I DO remember it cost my about $100.00 to have the dealer fix. Hope that helps you some. Larry Fraser

1 - 2 of 2 Posts