Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a diesel in the mid-summer (july-aug) timeframe. My dad has a 97 250 2wd reg.cab p-stroke, and uncle has a 02 f350 4x4 offrd reg cab pstroke, and we our pretty big ford folks regardless, and i was pretty set to buy one when the time came..... But some friends of ours( who conventinly own a chevy dealer) let me take out a 03 duramax, and i was really impressed w/this truck, biggest thing is ride seemed much smoother than ford.
Anyways, So now i got a big dilema. Im looking for some pros to stay w/ a p-stroke over a chevy(no stupid responses PLEASE) and what are some of the cons/problems youve expereince w/your truck, and hows it changed your view of the truck.
Im lookin to buy 00-02 P-stroke F-250(350 if price is right) 4x4, ext cab shortbox(no crew cab or dually)
Thanks for any help guys.-AdamEdited by: Polarbear

·
Registered
13 Posts
While I have no personal experience, I have heard of many troubles with the fist Allisons that the GM's came with. I, too, test-beat a Duramax when they came around. I didnt care for the soft ride. At the time, I had only my dodge to compare it to. While the dodge rides quite a bit stiffer, it handled far better. The Chevy seemed "loose" on bumpy turns and on the gravel roads common in my area. I guess if one uses the pick up for touring or hauling feathers, the soft ride might be an advantage. Otherwise, I think a truck ought to be a bit rigid. Just my 4 hay-pennies.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was begining to think noone was gonna respond. Yea, the duramax had injector issues to w/the first ones. Presume most of them ahve been taken care of. im gonna keep my local lottery, strike it big, buy new and not worry bout it...
but lets get real huh...Thanks for your insight, i appreciate it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts