Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator Mister, your truck's smoking...
11,405 Posts
░▒▓▌»READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THE 911 FORUM!«▐▓▒░

Guys, this forum is not engine specific, it is not model specific, it is not tranny specific. It is not a forum intended to simply answer questions pertaining to what might be wrong with your truck. It is intended to call out the troops - see if anyone is near who can come to where you are and help you get running again. If you are broken down away from home and you are in urgent need of assistance, post your need here. Hopefully, some local DP'ers will come to your rescue.

Please carefully consider if your situation is truly a "911" before posting here.

- Stranded away from home in a parking lot or on the side of the road = YES.

- Truck dead in your driveway or at a buddy's house a few blocks from home = NO. (Post in the specific regular forum instead)

- You are not stranded but just feel your issue is "urgent" = NO. (Post in the specific regular forum instead)

In other words: If you're not stranded away from home or sitting on the side of the road in urgent need of assistance, you probably shouldn't be posting here.

Here's to not having to ever post in here...

1. Create a new thread.
  2. Tell us where you are in the title of the thread, like "Broke down at exit 115, I75 in Lexington, KY."
  3. Give us a phone number.
  4. Tell us what you're driving.
  5. Tell us what's wrong.
Consider carefully #3 above; you may or may not feel comfortable posting a phone number on the 'net. If you don't, that's fine. PM's can give you an extra level of protection for personal information.

When you are up and running, please respond to your thread notifying the staff so any announcements that were posted on your behalf can be removed, and other members are made aware that you are no longer in need of assistance. Your thread will be moved to its relevant forum at that point.

·
Premium Member
Slightly Modified 2006 CCSB LBZ w/ 603,675Km's
3,784 Posts
This is a great idea Randy..!! Coulda used it today actually..but I kinda know who's up in my area and called them direct. However having said that..many of us travel way outa our own comfort zone..this will be an awesome resource to have.!!

Now, where is that damned ice pick..??.!!

Theo

·
Resident Pinhead
6,638 Posts
too bad i dont have internet on my cell phone. so if i break down im either walking or calling a tow truck.

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
I believe there's a thread in here that is stuck where people will post their contact if they are emergency ready.

Take a list with you when travelling ;)

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Or call one of the Moderators or Admins like my self that is willing to take a call and then post up the info for you.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,309 Posts
Please Post If your Emergency Has Been Taken Care Of Also, Thanks.

·
Resident Pinhead
6,638 Posts
this forum should be set up just like the market place where the OP can close their own thread after its served its purpose. that way people arent going through ALL the threads when only one of them is actually still needed.

·
Administrator Mister, your truck's smoking...
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
this forum should be set up just like the market place where the OP can close their own thread after its served its purpose. that way people arent going through ALL the threads when only one of them is actually still needed.
Should now be set to allow guys to close their own threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.