Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Folks, just got myself a new ride, its a 03 Sierra 2500HD CCSB 4x4, and noticed it appears to be jacked up a bit... I checked the RPO codes and it has the Z85 and Z82, would anyone be able to tell by the picture if this is the original height? It has airbags but are completely deflated and tires are original 245/75R16... I was thinking about lowering if its not the stock height...thanks!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
From looking at google images for "03 Sierra 2500HD", the bottom of the front bumper appears to be at roughly the stock height w.r.t. the center of the front wheel, and the rear of the truck is slightly higher than the front, so I would say it's very close.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That is your original height.
Z82 Trailer Provisions Special Equipment, H. D.
Z85 Chassis Package Increased Capacity

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks for the info. I saw one close to work and it was noticeably lower, but it was a extender cab long box and It looked like a very basic work truck...is that a defined height increase when equipes with the Z85?
Cheers

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
You may be have looking at a 1500, or a 2500 with the 2" body lift that your truck has. Your truck has the 2" body lift, as you have the 2" black spacer between your bump and grill. If the grill is right up against the bumper, then it doesn't have the 2" body lift (for GM vehicles, I believe Chevy's do it differently).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Folks, just got myself a new ride, its a 03 Sierra 2500HD CCSB 4x4, and noticed it appears to be jacked up a bit... I checked the RPO codes and it has the Z85 and Z82, would anyone be able to tell by the picture if this is the original height? It has airbags but are completely deflated and tires are original 245/75R16... I was thinking about lowering if its not the stock height...thanks!

I have an 07 3500 classic SRW 2wd CCLB that's stock and it has the same appearance in height as yours. My stock tire size is 265/75/16 which doesn't make a difference. The spacer between the grill is just a "filler" from GM due to the HD's having a 2" taller frame...not a body lift. Those air bags are more for load stabilization and towing than body height, most air bag manufactures have a recommended minimum air pressure usually 5psi not 0.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts