Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

1994 Chevrolet Gas

Brandt51’s Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums Garage
1994 Chevrolet Gas
This little guy has a ZZ4 small block crate motor with the Fast Burn heads, a Barry Grant Speed Demon 650 CFM carb and a Pete Jackson Gear Drive. Also helping out with the power is an MSD Pro-Billet distributor sparky thingy, Digital 6+ and an SS coil. A yet to be used NOS Super Powershot N2O plate system is also on the motor, but the trans can't take it though. No dyno numbers yet, will come eventually...like they mean anything. Should make atleast 325RWHP w/out N2O.

Speaking of the transmission, it started out as a brand new Jet Performance piece of **** 700R4 that cost 1800 bucks and gernaded in the first 20 miles of use...which was in the motors break in period, so not hot rodding yet. Good thing a family member owns his own transmission shop and helped me out. We got the trans rebuilt in no-time with some high-power bands and better clutches....A custom drive shaft and a Currie 9 inch with disc brakes finnish off the drive train. The Currie is the only thing I'm not worried about with this package...700hp axles...I'm probably going to Spool it up if I decide to only do 1/4 runs.

A set of Hotchkis coils, PST Poly-graphite bushings and a big-*** sway bar hook up the front suspension..about 2-3 inches lower from stock. The Currie is hung by the factory leafs de-arched 3 inches.

Traction is a big problem, but a set of Lakewood traction bars and a rear sway bar should fix it, I'll get to eventually. A revised pinion angle should help too.

Future mods include puting the A/C back in (need some lines and a new condenser), electric cooling fans, and a new factory style paint job...perhaps with some shaving...done by me of course. Should be good practice before I do it to a more deserving car.

Check it out in Woodburn Oregon or Las Vegas sometime, hopefully soon. I'll be the one handing all of the Fox and F body cars their asses.....with my little near worthless S-10. (note, all the work done by myself while home on leave...took several trips....I can't believe I started this project seven years ago....I'm old!)

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge.
Stiil needs some work at this point All done just in time to drive on a trailer to go to it's new home in North Dakota (from Oregon),  T Actual height. Carpet....the worst job to do on a car...ever! Sweet interior, nearly all factory - except for the gauges and the big ass Lokar shifter. Installing the nitrous system...after about 12000 miles of use, need more power! The gig is up, so much for the sleeper effect. How we got to North Dakota, that big ass truck was awesome!
Gallery Statistics
Member: Brandt51
Created: 12-14-2007 03:42 AM
Last Modified: 01-24-2010 06:45 AM
Views: 591
Comments: 2

Comments
Author Comment Date
Coyote Hey I had one that same color!!!..412 SBC.....high 11's. Nice looking ride EDS 5 OH 08-27-2009
EDS_5_OH Sweet S-10. I plan on a similar project for my son's first car in a couple years. Much less power though... lol... 10-28-2008