Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

2005 Chevrolet Duramax 6.6L LLY

Brandt51’s Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums Garage
2005 Chevrolet Duramax 6.6L LLY
Year, make and model:
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Sliverado LT Crew Cab Long Box 4x4. Victory Red/Medium Charcoal...all options except Rear DVD, Sun Roof and Side Impact Airbags (wish I had the last two, but bought it used!)

Suspension:
-Front:
Cognito 4 inch lift with upper Control Arms,Dual Shock Hoops,quad Bilstein 5100s,Pitman/Idler braces, Idler Pivot & HD tie rods.
-Rear:
2" Blocks,Bilstein 5100s,Air Bags/Load Controller II.
(A big thanks to Nick at Nor Cal Truck)

Wheels and Tires:
18x9" KMC XD Series Rock Stars with 5" back spacing. 305/65/18 BFGoodrich A/Ts. (33x12x18)

Exterior:
Stock except for a spray in bed liner, hidable gooseneck hitch and 2006 towing mirrors.

Interior:
Autometer 2 pod A-pillar gauge mount sprayed to match, Autometer Sport Comp II Pyro and Boost gauges. Tekonsha Podigy brake controller. Compustar Remote Start/Alarm---Everything else stock.

Performance Mods:
Superchips programer usally set at level 2, Boost stick, EGR Blocker Plate, LBZ turbo inlet, Finger stick, cut up factory air box, pre-oem spin on fuel filter, Deka batteries and four inch downpipe back eBay exhaust.

Future Mods:
Lift Pumps, EFI Live/DSP5, Turbo, rods/pistons, ARP bolts, LBZ intake and a totally built transmission.

Notes:
All the work has been done by me with the exception of the alignments. If you have any questions, shoot me a message, I'll be glad to help. This stuff is too easy. I've never had an overheating issue with this LLY either. Also, no current pictures of the lift because it's still in the garage....can't wait for my 15 day R&R!!!!

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge.
Just off the used truck lot After the proper West Coast treatments Truck with 748 Towing a broke down Cummins Wiring up the windows to go up with the alarm Bam!
Gallery Statistics
Member: Brandt51
Created: 12-14-2007 03:34 AM
Last Modified: 01-03-2010 09:56 AM
Views: 714
Comments: 2

Comments
Author Comment Date
RodZZilla Nice. Like the black rockstars. 01-10-2009
cory e 05 dmax whats a spary in bed liner. just kidding i like the black rims and cognito parts. 02-24-2008