Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Question: 2004 LB7 Fix or Replace
Thread: Question: 2004 LB7 Fix or Replace
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
hunter_92
Sparkplug Hunter

2004 LB7 Fix or Replace

New to the form, I have a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax Crew cab 4x4. the truck is starting to show the age on it, and i am trying to decide to start replacing parts here and there or should i look at replacing the truck? Wondering you guys opinions or if anyone has pretty much rebuilt one of these before and would you still do it again or just replace the truck if you had to do over again. The previous owner (which i know) replaced, injectors, injector harnesses, glow plugs, head gaskets, Arp Head studs. it also has a EFI live mild tune from ppei. after market exhaust and air intake. the problems with it now are loose steering (idler and pitman arm), and a coolant leak somewhere (not headgaskets, narrowed that much down.) Of course if i started doing parts i would do the front end and all of that, just curious if it would be a smart move or if i would be better off just looking into replacing the truck all together. it has 226k miles and all work was done about 195k. Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by OkDually; 10-09-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: prefix/sig