Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - water pump differences
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
88blazer
Clutch

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the twin thermostat mods and I don't have an over heating issue either. In fact just the opposite. I can't seem to get enough heat out of my K5 during the Winter mos. But that's a whole different thread. I replace the w pump 3 yrs ago . The engine is a '91 so I ordered a pump for a '91. When I got it it had a bolt pattern different to the one on the engine. So, I went back and got one for an '84. That one fit. The felpro engine gasket kit I have has 2 different gaskets . I have since gotten a timing cover gasket kit ( for other work that needed to be done) and it also has 2 different gaskets.
I want to order a new pump from Rock Auto but there are at least 3 different Delco part numbers between an '84 and '91. For a '91 their listing says there's 2 different pumps and to verify which one I need . Unfortunately they don't say how.
I just want to get the right one ahead of time.
83 K5 6.2 diesel plow truck
98 3500HD 6.5L turbo diesel NV4500 going to be extend cab with 6V-53T, ZF 6spd and Mitchell aux. overdrive

Lots of parts trucks to keep the fleet going
Offline   Reply With Quote