Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Coolant Levels - LML
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
navybuff
Diesel Head

Send a message via Yahoo to navybuff

Yes, there is no signs anywhere of a leak. Really looked hard, put it on a friends rack and we both looked.

This is the first time I have noticed that the Fender side of the tank was almost empty. Also, I have a new cap coming today to try that first.

My Blackstone Labs oil reports indicate a rising Potassium trace amounts since it had 35,000 on the motor [was normal at 35k]. The normal Unit averages for this LML is 5, at 48k it was 9, at 55k it was 12 and at 63K it was 32. However the corresponding Sodium [another marker for a coolant leak] was not high, actually normal. TBN was 7.1 [normal with some additive left] Also, my top hose was not hard this morning. Got my fingers crossed here...
New Ride:
2015 Silverado 2500HD Z71

"Molon labe"
Proposed 28th Amendment ~ "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States..."

Last edited by navybuff; 06-13-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote