So, I recently just replaced the factory brake pads on my 2013 dually that I bought brand new back when I originally posted this question. The truck was at 185,000 miles when I swapped out the pads and rotors. I had a small oil leak at about 36k miles that gm fixed under warranty.
At about 178k miles the def heater went, and I did that one myself for like 300, only cuz I had to pay the dealer 160 to clear the countdown code.
And then at lk ike 183k I had to clean out the dpf and swap out the 9th injector, all in all 800. Not too bad, should done something sooner, as it kept trying to regen over and over, and I just kept driving it. I should known something was up.
Overall, I love my truck, and it has done me well. I need to add a lift pump, an exergy safety fuel regulator, some air bags, and I still need a nice transfer tank of some kind.
Be super nice to get one of these newer trucks with all these nice amenities to help with making it easier to do my job.
- 2013 Silverado CCLB DRW 4x4 DMAX/ALLI LTZ
- 2013 JimGlo 24' ECLIPSE GN Enclosed Car Trailer 12k LB GVWR
- 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE(9.5):bone stock except for a K&N drop in air filter, full aftermarket stereo system.
- 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 (468ci : 450hp/500lb/ft)
- 1967 Chevrolet El Camino Custom 396 clone with 402 from a 72 heavy chevy (412ci: 400hp/450lb.ft)