Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Limp mode only when towing otherwise fine, HELP
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedreamer View Post
Answers - yes I use the tow mode the rv weight is 14,500 loaded out, we are full times but base is in the PNW but last year we traveled about 15,000 mile down through the south west and over to mid-west areas. I have called 3 parts stores and they all tell me they only have the most basic readers so nobody can read the TCM codes so far but i will make more calls
Autozone aand OReilly usually have very capable scanners by Bosch.

You are towing pretty heavy and your trans is slipping, meaning the steels and clutches are wearing out. The more this happens, the more often it will become, until you need to rebuild the trans. Kep the throttle pressure light at shift points, let next gear engage before applying more engine power. There are kits that will increase the line pressure to help the clutch packs hold, but once they start to slip on a regular basis, I don't think they help much.

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Offline   Reply With Quote