Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Forgot 4hi, did I damage it?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
rmoore0852
Diesel Apprentice

Forgot 4hi, did I damage it?

Well, I may have messed up. I had to park off road in a slippery field, so switched to 4hi. When leaving several hours later, I was not paying attention and left it in 4hi. Drove all the way home. 25 miles at 70 mph. No tight corners, so I didn't realize it until I got home and went to pull into the driveway. Making the tight turn I felt it bind and realized what I had done.

Now the question. It seems to shift in and out of 4wd fine. No funny noises, no warning lights. How can I check that everything is still working the way it should? I don't need 4wd often, but when I do I tend to be out in the middle of nowhere or on a very slippery boat ramp. Did I luck out and not tear anything up or am I going to use 4wd at some point and then realize that it isn't right? Surely others have done this, what breaks and is it easy to know if I messed something up??

2006 2500HD LBZ CCSB 4x4 178k miles, EFILive by ATP, 265/75/16 BFGs, Nicktane adapter w/2 micron CAT filter, Bilstein 5100's, Diamond Eye cat delete, MBRP downpipe, MBRP 4" exhaust with muffler, LML exhaust manifold and heat shield, EDGE Insight CTS, RedHead Steering gearbox, Demco Autoslide 18k hitch, ARP head studs and rod bolts, Transgo Jr with Transynd, MA pump rub kit and transfer case back half, MA transfer case brace, Kennedy single lift pump