Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 8G glow plug TOTAL DISASTER
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
upsmoker
"ol` smokie"

Had time today so decided to experiment on the removal of the pre-cups. All went really well after I got the first one removed so I could see exactly what was in that dark hole. Took my time with the first one, tap tap tap, measure measure measure, tap tap tap, measure measure measure. You get the idea. After using different materials as a drift on the first one, after the first cup was out, and I saw it`s construction, and the relationship of the injector hole and the glow plug hole(both holes are 6mm) I took a 3/16th. punch, ground the face slightly concave. The 3/16th drift gave me just enough space in a 6mm bore to give the drift a slight tip which is needed. 5 minutes the other cups were out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-005S.JPG (41.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-006S.JPG (30.1 KB, 35 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboytoys View Post
Dang it ... your making the quote wrong, 4 things 5.7's and 6.2's have in common, flex ring failures ....

Offline   Reply With Quote