Diesel Place banner

Error code P21DD

189K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  BullyDog316 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 Duramax that of course has the stupid DEF, my check engine light came on Monday and Orielly's said the code it was giving was P21DD but there was no explanation...does anyone know what this means?

#33 ·
In the shop now for the same thing, 55K on her...

#34 ·
Apparently the part is hard to come by, probably due to so many being replaced (per Service rep). On order for a week and it took 3 hours to get the truck back after dropping it off. No Charge.

#37 · (Edited)
Apparently the part is hard to come by, probably due to so many being replaced (per Service rep). On order for a week.
Not sure what your point is here? I find it hard to believe that a major GM dealer would want to hold a running truck for a week because they had the part.'
I missed the HAD part. Here I was under the assumption they were waiting for GM Part :84412924 Sorry, because they are readily available.

#35 · (Edited)
If it’s this replacing there over 2270 available and next day
GM Part :23379348 RESERVOIR KIT, Evaporation Emission System(Fuel Tank End) RESERVOIR KIT,EMISSION REDUCTION FLUID TANK(INCLUDES 3,4,13-16)(INCLUDES TEMPERATURE SENSOR & HEATER) Replaced by:84412924 $175.06

#36 ·
Not sure what your point is here? I find it hard to believe that a major GM dealer would want to hold a running truck for a week because they had the parts... Just sayin'

Attachments

#38 ·
My turn! 2016 @ 60,000 miles. Thought the CEL might have been an invitation to visit the dealer for scheduled maintenance but the local O’Reilly code reader says P210DD. We’re currently in S Texas where the temp hasn’t dropped much below 50 degrees for the past month so I’m surprised that a DEF heater issue would pop-up. Time to make nice with a local dealer.

#39 ·
Glad to see GM stepping up and covering these things under warranty. Not sure how long the replacement will last though. For those not covered these systems can be "fixed" with programming and you do not need to do a full butcher delete and have a stinky truck.

#40 ·
Yep, GM covering under power train warranty. At 10am today, the parts were on backorder with unknown timing. By 3pm, we have parts and a date tomorrow morning to fix it.

I’ll be reading up on the “fix” noted by Kennedy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.