Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Question: Bi-Directional Scan Tool for Multiple Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
pbar34
Diesel Starter

Bi-Directional Scan Tool for Multiple Vehicles

I spent some time in the tuners section of the forum but could not find any recommendations for a scan tool that works well with our GM trucks and a host of other vehicles. Iím looking for a bi-directional scanner that will let me cycle A/C, ABS, reprogram keys, etc. for my LBZ, Acura and Lexus vehicles. Like many of you, I do all the maintenance on our cars and having the higher-end scanner is a real time and money saver in the long run. My price point is about $800. The one scanner Iíve heard about most recently is the Launch X431 Pros Mini

Launch X431 PROS Mini Automotive Diagnostic Tool OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Wifi & Bluetooth Covering 108 Vehicle Makes + 2 Years Free Update https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DQPN4N..._qseCBbCQP3DZ8

Anyone have experience with a decent, DIY, bi-directional scan tool for multiple vehicle platforms? I understand that I wonít be getting everything a $2500 Snap-On scanner will give but Iím looking to get the most functionality across several different vehicle platforms.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited by OkDually; 08-12-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: prefix