Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #88 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

The next thing I'm looking to do is undercoat my truck.
I think I'll do as followed

1: Use POR-15 rust preventive coating
2: Use a good epoxy primer that will adhere well (not sure which one any suggestions are more than welcome)
3: Finish with a layer or 2 of BedLiner (was thinking U-POL Raptor, but suggestions welcome)
I want to respray my bumpers with the same bedliner to give it a more agressive look, I don't like the chrome and feel like it looks off with my truck being black. I'll go for a black bedliner for the bumpers and a tintable bedliner for the undercoating to let the chassis and control arms etcc stand out more. Would be cool to hear your feedback on what color would look good with the color of my truck, I was thinking maybe a darker / bordeaux red?

The next thing I'll do is weld a custom light bar / bed rack. I literally don't know where to start with this, I have some idea in my head but suggestions and pictures would be very helpful. I cannot seem to find a lot of pictures on google, maybe 'bed rack' isn't the correct name? (language barrier ) I included a picture to show what I mean.

Also a friend of mine is going to the states in a few days, and he will bring back the new fenders and extended cab bottom pieces so I can FINALLY make the truck 100% rust free. I will get these welded in and painted together with the front-grille to get rid of all the chrome, which in my opinion doesn't suite the truck.

Depending on what my budget this year will allow me to spend on the truck the next step is gonna be the lift kit. Still debating between a few brands but at least I found some available for my truck thanks to you guys .
In addition to the lift I am looking into wheels&tires lately and was wondering if it's possible to put 35" mud tires on my stock 16" steel dually rims? Obviously I'll get them widened and might even convert to single rear wheels about the same width as the stock dual's, that is, if possible and 'safe enough' not to mess up the entire geometry of the truck and/or mess up the handling completely.
I wouldn't know how to put wider rear wheels on without them hitting each other and the leaf springs, even with spacers I think the width I could go would be limited and would look crooked compared the the width I could do in the front. I'm really breaking my head over this so all feedback's more than welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raptor-rack.jpg (95.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Thijmen156; 02-19-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote