Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 14 bolt ff srw to drw
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
augustdiesel
Diesel Starter

14 bolt ff srw to drw

So I am kicking around an idea and am looking for some tips ...

My front 10 bolt housing is blown to bits (thanks po) so instead of rebuilding I decided it was a good time to upgrade and picked up a Dana 60 front from a 92 Dodge W250 (I know the spring perches donít line up, Offroad Design sells an adapter kit that corrects this). Problem is itís missing the hubs (complete to spindles) ...

Done a ton of research and used srw hubs are impossible to find (junkyard dana 60s are also very rare to nonexistent in my area), and new ones are very pricey (possibly due to demand?).

Drw dana 60 hubs however, appear to be plentiful and affordable. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the drw and srw Dodge dana 60s are the hubs.

But then thereís the rear axle. My truck already has a srw ff 14 bolt axle under it. No idea what truck it came from but the issue of ďhow do you mount a 1 ton 14 bolt under a 1/2 truckĒ is already solved, because itís already there.

If I put drw hubs on the dana 60 then my next question is, how do I convert a srw ff 14 bolt to a drw ff 14 bolt? Iíve done a lot of research and havenít seemed to find any solid answers. Everything from adapters to hubs to drums to confusion over the axle width etc.

As far as why I want to do this, well, because I want to ...

Iíve always gotten really good feedback on this site so I thought Iíd turn to here and ask yíall: how do you convert a srw ff 14 bolt to a drw ff 14 bolt?

Thanks in advance.

1988 K10 Suburban. 6.5L NA Goodwrench Engine: 506 block cast on August 12, 1996. Heavy Duty built 700R4. Full-floating 14 bolt rear axle. 3/4ton 10 bolt front. Brand new 305/75R16 Procomp AT Sports on brand new 16x8 steel wheels.

Brand new 305/75R16 Procomp AT Sports on brand new 16x8 steel wheels