Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - LBZ: Kriesel Diesel
Thread: LBZ: Kriesel Diesel
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kriesel
Diesel Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz1985 View Post
Congrats, and thanks for the detailed post on what you did. Its a good feeling when it all just works first try, and that seems to be pretty much what you have. The little things will seem like nothing to fix compared to what you have already done.

Would love to see your pdf of info. I have been collecting it myself, but I definitely don't have that much yet. Your preparation shows in the organized way you were able to do this swap.
Thanks, I'll try to post a link to the pdf I built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndtmj View Post
How much time do you think you've got into the swap?
I spent a long time compiling the notes, maybe a few months of reading through the forum and such. I bought my donor in March/April or something, but didn't even start tearing it apart until September. I spent nights and weekends throughout September prepping the donor. I then spent nights and weekends throughout October tearing apart the suburban and rebuilding it. I finished what you see here last Sunday.

So, two months of nights and weekends between the donor and the suburban, but months of reading and prepping myself, and collecting parts. I had all the parts I needed sitting in the garage when I dove into the donor.

Last edited by Kriesel; 11-09-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote