Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Why doesn't 3500 have tire pressure monitor?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
SS Duramax
Diesel Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to SS Duramax

So is this something that can be added to a 3500 drw, like the factory setup that displays on the center instrument panel on the 2500's?

I test drove a 2017 f-350 drw king ranch today just to see what the competition has to offer and I got to say, as far as the gadgetry on the interior/exterior gm is behind. They come with tpms for the truck and trailer, standard. They have push button start, front, tailgate and 3rd brake light cams as well as side mirror blind spot and 360* birds eye view. Electric telescoping and tilting steering wheel, electric extending mirrors, heated rear seats, actual cooled seats not just ventilated, and the off-road gauges in the instrument panel, like the kind you can only get with the off road package on the gm's. And a big one for me, rear hvac vents. I don't know how gm can charge $75k for a truck with no rear vents. They also have a button that drops the tailgate from inside the cab and massaging seats.

I couldn't ever own a powerstroke and the transmission had inconsistent shifts on pretty much every shift, I don't know if that's because it's new or because I'm used to the Allison. The ride was horrible and my son says the seats are harder. I also can't stand the exterior styling and I don't know about an aluminum truck yet. But I like that you can get all these options. I don't know why gm doesn't at least offer it, I know I'd pay more for most of these gadgets. Granted the platinums are already at $80k msrp vs the $72-75k for a Denali.

1999 Hummer H16.5L TD, Ron Davis Aluminum radiator, HD water pump, Airraid air filter, 37" tires and locker stock

1996 Z28 SS clone.GMMG,KBDDSFC's,Spohn Adj TA w/DS loop,SJM chromemoly adj LCA's and PHB,Strano 1 lowering springs & swaybars,Spohn Road Race K-member with adj upper and lower A-arms,Strange 12 bolt with 4.11's,Pro Race 4L60E with 2800 stall,strange chromemoly driveshaft. 9.2:1 383 TC78(10psi) 600hp 600ft/lbs

Last edited by SS Duramax; 05-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote