Diesel Place banner

2016 pulls to left when braking, 3000 miles

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Retired4ever 
#1 ·
bought new, has 3000 on it now. has slight pull to left when braking. goes down road straight and fine, but if you're braking it slowly starts turning the wheel to the left and the truck veers. seems to only do it sometimes and if I correct it, it'll stay straight. wondering that since it's only during braking if it's something to do with the electronic hydraulic steering system?

#2 ·
try holding the wheel tight and hitting the brakes hard,,and when stopped at a light,push the pedal all the way to the floor 2-3 times,,

you might have a sticky pad,

if not start complaining to the dealer so they can fix/warrenty ti

#3 ·
try holding the wheel tight and hitting the brakes hard,,and when stopped at a light,push the pedal all the way to the floor 2-3 times,,

you might have a sticky pad

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, probably a sticking caliper on the left side.

#4 ·
sticky caliper was my first instinct but figured no way since it's brand new. I'm gonna let the dealer know about this issue when I take it in for the free service and oil change pretty soon.

#5 ·
My electronic steering system caused exactly that symptom too. After the dealer did the first repair for sloppy steering , the problem went away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.