Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Nitto Tires - Don't buy them - horrible experience
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
GEMaffair
Diesel Student

Nitto Tires - Don't buy them - horrible experience

So last April I buy a brand new set of the Terra Grapplers for my 2011 Duramax. They get installed and suddenly I have a vibration. I take them back and they rotate and balance again and it gets better but doesn't go away. As I drive it gets worse again after 200 miles.

I take them back to Sams Club where I get free balancing, they balance and "spin match" the tires to the rims. IT is better, but gets worse again after a few hundred miles.

Now I take them back to the tire shop. The insist the vibration is not related to the tires because you can put the truck in neutral (at 50-60-70mph) and the vibration lessons or goes away. Makes sense, so then I leave town for 90 days and when I come back I take it to the dealer. The tell me the tires are bad and give me some report with charts and graphs called "Road Force" that shows the tires are bad.

Back to the guy who sold them to me who says no problem, I will warranty them up. 3 of the 4 tires are almost DOUBLE the alotted road pressure.

I call Nitto and they tell me that I have to pay for the tread I used if it is over 1/32nds of use. WTF ?

You sell me crap tires and I spend hours and hours of my time chasing the problem and days without my truck (8 now and counting) and you want to prorate the crap tires you sold me?

IT gets worse....

I get the three new tires, I pay $110 in proration fees and I have the EXACT SAME VIBRATION.

So back to the GMC dealer - pay another $35, do without my truck for another day, dealer tells me that 2 of the 3 tires replace are bad. 1 of them is 55lb of road force and 15lbs is the max.

NOW what, I wait another week to go through the warrany process?

This is absolutely ridiculous

Nitto acts like this is all fine.
Like doing without my truck is normal.
And proration fees should be ok when you sell me crap tires.

NEVER again. This company sucks.

2014 Arctic Cat M8 Limited Edition
2002 Yamaha Mountain Max 700
2000 Yamaha Moutain Max 700
1999 Yamaha Moutain Max 700
1997 Yamaha Moutain Max 700

1988 Mako 285

I reside and boat in Largo, Florida
I ride in Homer, Alaska.