Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 22 People Killed at Mall
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

Being in the Army for so many years I know the reason and it is simple...They will take decent care of you while you are in. If you get hurt you become a liability and you will get chaptered out. Once that happens if the injuries occurred while on active duty you will become eligible for the VA program. Then you are at the mercy of the other side of the coin. You wouldn't even believe that once you are retired you can just waltz into the VA and get free healthcare...Will not happen nowadays. Thanks to Obama. The only exception is if you are in the poverty level of income and do not own any tangible property. My son is 80% disabled and he can't get the VA or Tricare to pay the bills. He is constantly getting bills from hospitals and urgent care centers. His only true blessing is still living close to Ft. Hood where he has a better chance. Outside of that it really sucks bad. He has basically quit going to the VA, Long lines, missed appointments they have made, lack of parking spaces and no real care being given. I bet this is another reason why soldiers give up. They do not want to be a burden or simply can not cope with the stress the government disses out to them.

Bottom line is this. The Military doesn't have the power or funds to treat people once they leave active duty. That falls onto the VA...

2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member

Last edited by sfcjones; 07-31-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote