Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - 22 People Killed at Mall
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

It will always be a political issue because the government controls the VA, I know many who suffer from PTSD who have been given no meaningful care from the VA or if they receive care it is in the form of pills or other medication. Most is a failure. Many Vets are unable to cope in large crowds, do the ordinary things we do on our day to day lives and they seek to end the cycle by taking their life. It is just so sad we allow this to happen to our vets.
On Edit: I wasn't going to mention this but I knew a vet who took his life in a VA mental hospital. He was a good friend of his for 20+ years. He was no longer able to cope with the demons of war that haunted him so he let the VA end his life. So you are wondering how? He refused to walk, eat, or drink and just layed in the bed until he passed away. Many of his friends would visit unable or not knowing what to do to help him. So he took his life after serving 3 tours of Vietnam retiring as a LTC with 27 years of service. There is much more I can tell but I Know he is not hurting anymore...
2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member

Last edited by sfcjones; 07-31-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote