Diesel Place banner

Fifth Wheel Bed Rail installation for 2016 GMC

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Crankitup 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, in the attached picture you will see some threaded holes in the frame of my new 2016 GMC 2500HD. The front of the truck is to the left of the picture. I am assuming that these threaded holes are for use in installing a
fifth wheel/gooseneck rail kit. Has any one used these? What bracket was used?
What brand did you use. I am wondering what size the thread is. It looks like
a 5/8 bolt will work??

Thanks in advanced!
Jesse

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
the holes are metric 24 mm
B&W has changed there Gooseneck hitch to use these holes on the 2016's
new hitch # GNRK 1016
Curt hitch has a contract with GM for there hitch's
so probably set up for there hitch
there is also 5 dimples in the floor of the truck bed probably to line up for one of there hitches

#6 ·
Curt hitch has a contract with GM for there hitch's
so probably set up for there hitch
there is also 5 dimples in the floor of the truck bed probably to line up for one of there hitches
Interesting. I am looking to mount a 5th wheel hitch and really want to avoid the in bed rails and want to use an underbelly mount. The only one I found is the Reese 30868 but it uses some pass through holes to mount to the frame.

The 5 dimples would be for an underbelly rail kit as an in bed kit would have four holes per rail. I can't find an underbelly kit for a 2016 GMC 3500 on the Curt website.

#7 ·
I am in need of moving my B&W rails from my 2012 2500HD to my new rig. I noticed the threaded holes as well and thought it would be pretty slick if there were a rail bracket that utilized those holes, but I cant seem to find one that does. B&W doesn’t even list 2016 Chevrolet as a choice for their 5th wheel patriot hitches. etrailer recommended a Curt bracket and rails, but I would just as soon use the rails I have. If I cant use the threaded holes, I wonder if the non threaded holes are the same as on the 2015's? If so, then the B&W custom brackets (RVR2501) would likely work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.