Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Odd issue..
Thread: Odd issue..
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 04:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
JCDiesel
Let's take the Truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers91 View Post
Just want to say it was as simple as a $24 dollar fuel filter... Old one was naaaaastyy
With the odd LP behavior i would still be suspicious or at least cautious because the restricted flow you were experiencing. Point being as I stated many people put new parts in and all seems ok until the next bout. In my opinion you should still perform a lift pump test as well and check over the wiring. Truck will run even without the lift pump active if you have good flow ip will suck fuel. I know this from experience when I rebuilt my entire fuel system after testing my wiring and harness I unknowingly left the pump unplugged and drove the truck a few miles and noticed only a small lack of power. Im glad you got the truck running and people here are glad to help but we want you to also be successful if not at least aware. Im not being negative just bringing 6.5 awareness to you.

82 C10 2WD 6.2 Parts Truck
91 Suburban 2500 4x4 6.2 Bad Transmission
85 Cadillac Deville factory 4.3 Oldsmobile Diesel
91 GMC Sierra K1500 6.2 NA Bad Transmission
94 K3500 CC DRW 6.5TD All the normal stuff done. DE exhaust Custom Parker Racor Rust free beauty
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackzed View Post
my guess would be shocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacalips View Post
Even the guys who own them aren't 5.7 guys.

Last edited by JCDiesel; 02-27-2016 at 04:09 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote