Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Strange LBZ glow plug issue
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
RockHopper
Clutch

Strange LBZ glow plug issue

Ok, so i have a strange issue going on that's driving me bat **** crazy. My '06 LBZ has about 90,000 miles on it and about 2 months ago a check engine light came on. It showed code P0675 (#5 glow plug circuit) so i went to NAPA and they sold me an Autolite glow plug. I replaced the glow plug and within a few driving cycles the light came back on and it now showed P0675 and P0673. I checked the ohms on both cylinders and #5 was fine but #3 showed high so i replaced #3 with a AC Delco plug from NAPA and when they told me this was the factory plug i wondered if the Autolite plug was either bad or my truck just doesn't like it. So a few weeks go by and i finally get fed up with the Autolite and replace it with an AC Delco plug and no more code.

Today, i went to start it and the glow plug light stayed on and of course the check engine light did as well after started. Now it's throwing P0677 (#7 glow plug circuit).

What in the hell is going on?

I checked with the dealer and they said the truck had already been re-flashed after the glow plug system recall.

I have only put less than 1000 miles on it since the first plug went out. Is it common that they would all go out together? Why are only the passenger side plugs having issue's?

Any help would be appreciated.