Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - LBZ: I changed my #4 glow plug today
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
69GTO2
Self Ignition

After hearing several horror stories was able to change all 8 no problems in just under 2 hrs. #2 was hardest due to intercooler tube. With u joint and half deep well socket was no need for removing steering shaft or ic hot tube although some concern on not being inline perpendicular figured I couldn't put much torque with a short handle 1/4" drive ratchet. I changed cold figuring aluminum expands more than the steel making fit tighter. Sprayed pb let engine warm up. Sprayed again. Let cool over night to wick in. Removing wheel wells seems to take the most time although much better than in sub zero degrees and snow packed with gelled filter and the o ring gasket from hell. Now to find some frozen fasteners on something to try the acetone trans fluid on. Thx all.
Wurton 5-inch 10W Cree LED flood w custom mounts (Junk/REPLACED w brighter generic @ $16/set)
Rancho RS9000s. 265 BF Goodrich Trail T/A
TKO Coil Overload Springs. 16k # Class V Receiver. TransGoJr Shift Kit. Transfer case rub kit.
LMC Rear wheel well liners
Edge CTS2 monitor
Kitten free Pro-Flow SS 4-inch Exhaust w muffler
EFI Live ECM and TCM Tuning
Offline   Reply With Quote