Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - LBZ: 2004 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
nosprkplugs
Freeze Plug

2004 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer Build Thread

Ok, so here goes, I have started some question threads in the past for this project but this is going to be the build thread. The transplant patient is a southern California 2004 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT 4x4 Quadrasteer. This is my first quadrasteer and I until I pull my hair out or break the bank trying to repair it i just love it! Mileage on the Sub is 150k and it is very straight, clean and rust free. The donor is from the Greer SC Copart salvage auction, 108k, bone stock from what I can see and looks like brand new from underneath. I havent made it far on the project yet, just making some progressive lift pucks is about the extent of the entertainment for now. I am still trying to decide how to do my fuel tanks, tie them together with a crossover line or leave the factory transfer pump. I like the pump idea for the OEMness of it but the crossover seems so easy and trouble free. Any opinions? Let me know! I will try to upload some pics here, not sure I remember how to do it so forgive me if I dont get it first try!
The Donor

2004 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer LT (Sold)

2004 Escalade ESV (ultimate family hauler/tow rig build in progress....)