L5P: Truck tilts - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2017-2019
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Suspension & Steering - 2017-2019 Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, street suspension, air ride suspension, steering components, etc. Sixth Generation...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
11chevy
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Truck tilts

My 2018 LTZ now has 19,000 miles on it. I've just completed building a new garage and approach from the driveway to it giving me a straight on view of it parked there. Until now, I never noticed it is lower on the driver's side than the right side. I measured each wheel well vertical from center of the hubs. 1/2" lower on the left than the front right. Also, 1/2" lower on the left rear than the right rear. Never had a heavy load or been abused in any way. Made an appointment at a dealership I've been using. Got the 'look' of, he's back. Previous visits were real and covered by warranty. I was offered no possible explanation. There was a similar thread of a 2017, but no reason given for his issue. Anybody know of what I can expect?

2018 Chevy LTZ, 4X4 DblCab SB, Duramax, Graphite Metallic, Leather, BFG LT285/65R18's,nav, Husky floor mats, WeatherTech splash guards, de-badged other than Graphite painted bow ties.
2011 Chevy LML, LT, 4X4, Z-71, Ext. Cab, DPF & DEF Deleted, Fass 150, 5" exhaust, PPEI tuner, Duramax EGR/Cooler Delete Kit. FASS Duramax filter delete,S&B intake. Michelin LT295/70R18 Defender M/S tires, 140,000 mi Sold
2005 GMC LLY, 122,000 mi. SOLD

Last edited by OkDually; 07-02-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: prefix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

The specs are 1/2" at the high end of the spec for side to side trim height variation. The torsion bars typically take a set and your front trim height lowers. The front trim height delta has a lot of factors that can stack up. This includes variations in torsion bar loads, variations in rate of body mounts, etc. About two cranks on the front torsion bar of the low side will level the front out. The rear of the truck delta is more due to a load delta in the rear leaf spring. I would level the front and then see where the back is after the front is adjusted.

SOLD:
2003 LB7 ECSB 4X4
Tuxedo cover
LT265/75R16 Michelin MS2

Senior Development Engineer
Vehicle Dynamics
General Motors Milford Proving Grounds
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
oldschoolbowtie
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTU alum View Post
The specs are 1/2" at the high end of the spec for side to side trim height variation. The torsion bars typically take a set and your front trim height lowers. The front trim height delta has a lot of factors that can stack up. This includes variations in torsion bar loads, variations in rate of body mounts, etc. About two cranks on the front torsion bar of the low side will level the front out. The rear of the truck delta is more due to a load delta in the rear leaf spring. I would level the front and then see where the back is after the front is adjusted.

See if you can crank out the uneven stance with torsion bars

2007.5 3500HD Silverado LTZ
Kennedy Custom Tune Banks Intake and 4 " exhaust, Air Dog 150, Leveled front end, aftermarket upper control arms, tie rod end sleeves, bypass oil filter, Pusher 3" "hot side" charger tube, aFe Turbo inlet pipe, PPE deep Trans Pan with temp gage, 2 low mod for front differential disable, PACBRAKE 5000# Air Bags with remote on board air...otherwise stock

1953 Chevy truck 496 2 NOS kits ...otherwise stock

1927 Roadster 383 2 NOS kits chassis car (street legal)// otherwise stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oregonnovaguy
Diesel Pro

Not surprising when you think of all the junk on the driver's side that isn't on the passenger side, including: Power steering pump and steering box, transfer case, front driveshaft, front differential, fuel tank, and whatever you weigh when you are driving.

2007.5 Silverado LTZ / Z-71, 4x4, Crew Cab SB, Silver Birch/ Ebony Leather, , 150k + miles, , etc. Gearbox Z, Air Lifts
Montana High Country 310RE
My Other other Car: 70 Nova SS 350, 4 speed, posi, Fathom Blue, frame-off resto, original owner!
Previous Trucks: '03 Silverado CC gasser 4x4, '99 Sierra Ext. Cab 4x4, '77 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4, '76 Datsun 620.

Read the DISCLAIMER in my garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in