Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/83-interior/)
-   -   cloth to leather conversion (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/83-interior/920698-cloth-leather-conversion.html)

mathalicka 07-21-2017 12:04 AM

cloth to leather conversion

Is it as hard as people say it is? i have a cloth 2006 lbz with power drivers and manual. My carheart seat covers for cloth just came in today but I also have the chance to buy all leather seats console and everything for like $600. but i have heard there is lots of wireing. do I install the carheart seat covers i have already or do I do this leather conversion? ( if it makes a difference I am a mechaic)

OkDually 07-21-2017 12:13 AM

Moved to interior...

mathalicka 07-21-2017 12:15 AM

sorry about that!!

OkDually 07-21-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathalicka (Post 9208066)
sorry about that!!

No worries, we're always here to assist :thumb:

Hetkehog 07-21-2017 12:40 AM

if you want the heat to work, yea it could be time consuming. then you will need the door panels too. but they should bolt in. im sure the power supply will be different too

mathalicka 07-21-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hetkehog (Post 9208098)
if you want the heat to work, yea it could be time consuming. then you will need the door panels too. but they should bolt in. im sure the power supply will be different too

the harness from what I have read is not there too

danzick 08-30-2017 10:28 AM

I am currently in the middle of doing this. I have the seats, heated seat switches that go in the door panels, and my wiring harness should show up today. I hope this is all I need.

danzick 09-04-2017 03:08 AM

I finished the install yesterday. Between my factory harness and the donor harness I bought off ebay, I was able to get the drivers and passenger 8 way power seats working, and factory heated seat switches working. I had to do some modifications and wiring to make the air bag module work right with no air bag service notification. the only thing that doesn't work, is the memory function. I'm hoping my local dealership can flash that with their computer.

burningbaal 11-18-2017 01:12 AM

This is sort of a thread-jack, but it's related.
@Mathalika & mods: just say the word, and I'll take this to a new thread.

I'm thinking about going the other way. bought my lbz with leather, thinking about going 6-seats. I don't need it to look OEM, but I do want to keep my power and heated seating. I'm hoping there's a DOT-approved way to get the shoulder strap adjustable (classic '07 has the belt in the seat) and the middle seat to have a shoulder strap...anyone done anything?

gralewaj 03-23-2019 11:00 PM

Clazzio leather seat covers. I couldn’t justify the $3000 for katskinz on a 13 year old truck. So I had a new bottom foam installed on drivers seat and purchased a set of perforated leather seat covers from Clazzio for ~$680. Also splurged for the seat heater kit. With the interior out of the truck it’s very easy to get these covers on and looking nice. I’m very happy with how it’s going. I’ll post pics once complete.