Lets see those running boards - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Exterior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Exterior Discuss body work, frame, molding, paint, etc. No wheels & tires please.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cubbymax87
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZjunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrooks9 View Post
How hard was it to mount them?
Pretty easy actually. Most of the holes are already in the body, I think I only had to drill a couple holes in the very bottom of the flange where the rocker panel and the floor pan are joined. The location for the holes is stamped out, just not punched, I drilled them and sealed them against corrosion. As far as the running boards what I did was use the left on the right and right on the left, if you look closely you can see the difference in the actual step pads, but only myself, you, and the other 3 people that will read this will know. I did that because more of the brackets lined up so I only had to drill for the center mounts.
Ok. Just tried to install my '01-'18 eBay running boards tonight on my '04. The brackets seemed to line up with the holes in the pinch weld and a steel insert up on the inner rocker. The insert, however, does not seem to be tapped. Also, towards the rear of the cab, there is no insert. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 10:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dooner
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock1 View Post
These are Dominator 2s that I had powder coated. I agree with getting the AMPs though. This truck had a 12 inch lift with 38s and with me being only 5' 7" it was still a climb
Forgot to post the pics. Inquiring minds want to know.

'06 Silverado LBZ 2500HD LT CC/LB 4X4, EGR Blocked & Fingered, PCV Reroute, Pro Fab downpipe, Magnaflow High Performance Diesel Cat, 4" MBRP downpipe back system (no muffler) w/5" tip, Fuel Filter Bleeder Valve, Fumoto Valve, Leveled Tow Mirrors, Custom Fabricated Grill Guard with (2) 20" Cree LED Light bars, Mag-Hytec Diff Cover, Leveling Kit, Air Ride Air Bags, Reese Pro-Series 20K 5th Wheel Hitch, Bilstein 5100's, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70R17's on chromed H2 rims

2006 Weekend Warrior FS2600 Billet Edition Toyhauler (Sold 1/10/17)
2007 Attitude MKS33 5th Wheel Toyhauler
'19 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max XRS Turbo R
'06 Suzuki LTR450 (Sold)
'07 Suzuki LTZ400 (Sold)
'04 Yamaha Raptor 660 (Sold)
GOT SAND?
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

$600+ for running boards, vs $300 for new foam and bottom cover every 100k miles or so.
At 12 years old, your foam is probably already shot anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in