Will this reflector in my front of my bulb ruin HIDs? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Exterior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Exterior Discuss body work, frame, molding, paint, etc. No wheels & tires please.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By zr2yz125

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackLBZHD
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Will this reflector in my front of my bulb ruin HIDs?

I received headlamp assemblys for my truck a month ago and I installed them. When I was adjusting them the driver side cracked so easily....

I contacted the company and they shipped me a "new one" the problem is that the headlamp assembly has this reflector in it that the previous ones did not....

I know I can get the reflector out of here by undoing the headlamp assembly but I would prefer not to take it out and risk condensation.

Any thoughts or experiences with these new assemblys?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duramax reflector.jpg (67.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Headlight housing reflectors.jpg (25.0 KB, 49 views)
DSP5 by DuramaxTuner, EGR 100% DELETED UPPIPE DELETED. HSP 3 " Y BRIDGE AND INTAKE TUBE BEHIND ALTERNATOR, Weather tech floor mats, PPE Race Fuel valve, LB7 UP-PIPE Magnaflow 5 Inch downpipe back, PPE STAGE 3 TIE RODS, MA magnetic transfer case drain plug, Pacer Smoked cab lights with LED bulbs,OPT7 LED FOGS LOWS AND HIGHS Denali punch grilles,Intake resonator plug,Caterpillar fuel filter adapter w/ CAT 1R-0749 opti-lube in every tank,Mishimoto magnetic oil drain plug, XPD crancakse breather fittings rerouted on either side, Amsoil oil only! University of Alabama and dealership technician/ fraternity man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackLBZHD
Diesel Fanatic

Just thinking of this now but maybe I could sneak some needle nose pliers in there and try to snap off the plastic piece and tilt it backwards letting the plastic fall back through the hole for the socket?

I'm going to try this soon and see what the story is. Apparently there are some new DOT laws that require those to be federally mandated on these headlight assemblies?

DSP5 by DuramaxTuner, EGR 100% DELETED UPPIPE DELETED. HSP 3 " Y BRIDGE AND INTAKE TUBE BEHIND ALTERNATOR, Weather tech floor mats, PPE Race Fuel valve, LB7 UP-PIPE Magnaflow 5 Inch downpipe back, PPE STAGE 3 TIE RODS, MA magnetic transfer case drain plug, Pacer Smoked cab lights with LED bulbs,OPT7 LED FOGS LOWS AND HIGHS Denali punch grilles,Intake resonator plug,Caterpillar fuel filter adapter w/ CAT 1R-0749 opti-lube in every tank,Mishimoto magnetic oil drain plug, XPD crancakse breather fittings rerouted on either side, Amsoil oil only! University of Alabama and dealership technician/ fraternity man
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
zr2yz125
Diesel Apprentice

It wont hurt the HID bulb. It will prevent excess light from blinding oncoming cars. PLEASE leave it installed!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in