parks lights and door chime stays on - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Electrical Discuss anything related to OEM & aftermarket electrical devices including: stereos, speakers, video, batteries, starters, the body control module, lighting, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2020, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
liftlawssuck
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

parks lights and door chime stays on

my truck sat outside for 1 week and half and when i came back the truck was dead and gelled up. So i took inside thawed it out had the battery charger on it and trickled charged it up. About 5 hours later the park lights and door chime comes on and wont go away, unless i pull a fuse to stop it. any ideas of what would cause tht to stay on?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

Is the ignition not turned off with the key out?
Maybe try turning the ignition on and then off and open the door and see what happens?

Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
liftlawssuck
Diesel Nut

yes key is out haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
liftlawssuck
Diesel Nut

i did replace the automatic light switch box for the lights but no luck maybe i got a bad one?
Old 01-18-2020, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

But is the ignition switched turned all the way off. With my truck/key, I can remove the key when the ignition switch isn't in the off position (which I'll notice as the chimes go off when I open the door because of it).
Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in