LBZ: Electrical Problems- B/U & signals - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Electrical Discuss anything related to OEM & aftermarket electrical devices including: stereos, speakers, video, batteries, starters, the body control module, lighting, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Electrical Problems- B/U & signals

Im new here. Maybe a Mod can help put this in the proper place.
I have read many threads on multiple Dmax forums but have been away for awhile as my truck was running excellent. And i'm back, i started a new account and still have yet to finger out how to do my signature and am unsure where to post my problem. This is my second Dmax, I also have an '03 LB7 120Kmiles CCLB 4x4 6" Fabtech with EFI Live

I have a 2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD (102kmiles)LBZ CCLB 4x4 6" Fabtech EFI Live DSP5 CTS2 with All LED lights. I've had it a year.
Recently ive noticed a fast flash developing in the signals. Anyway i was installing the new 2015+ Spyder Mirrors w/reverse lights (should have gone boost mirrors)on the LBZ and put the LBZ mirrors on my LB7( which are bitchin" and work great). I pulled the wire thru the doors and spliced to a wire i ran to the underhood fuse block(b/u trlr) where i tapped power. when i put it in reverse, it blew the 10amp fuse, not having a 15 i put in a 25amp. (Idiot) Now i have no power at Trlr B/U but i do at (B/U) and my reverse lights dont work. No power under dash on green wire for trailer either. No power under underhood fuse block for b/u trlr either. What burnt? BCM reflash needed? PRNDL works. hmmm?

Now i learnt after installing the mirrors and reading some forums about the dual function of both the reverse lights and the signal/drl, ill wiring that up using the correct wire harnesses from boost after i finish [email protected]#king this up.
Also i lost my turn signals.lol. wtf? Hazards work on the driverside only. right turn fuse keeps blowing. not the bulbs right? i swapped flasher from LB7 (which works) into LBZ same thing. not the flasher then right? Short? where? The truck was allLED when i bought it. Do i need the GM 10383322 ($78) LED flasher from Rock Auto?

Thank you in advance.I look forward to yalls help.

2003 GMC K2500 HD CC LB 4x4 LB7 EFI Live DSP5 New Bosch injectors 6" Fabtech Lift 4" straight exhaust,Cognito Traction bars Rare Parts Idler and Pitman arms 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's Airbags hooked up to 150psi onboard air comp K&N air intake FASS 150 lift pump MAG-HYTEC Trannypan &Diff cover Rancho 9000 shocks 10% Tint Cognito upper A arms Kryptonite Dmax store XD Lower Aarms Deathgrip tierods

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCLB EFI Live DSP5 4x4 6" Fabtech lift, Wehrli Trac bars S&B cold air intake scoop/box FASS 150 2015+ mirrors Firestone Airbags Kryptonite Deathgrip tierods and tons more

2015 Arctic Fox 29L

Last edited by OkDually; 06-22-2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: post adj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2019, 03:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

Oh and I'm throwing codes
P0381
P0646
P0650
P2563

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2003 GMC K2500 HD CC LB 4x4 LB7 EFI Live DSP5 New Bosch injectors 6" Fabtech Lift 4" straight exhaust,Cognito Traction bars Rare Parts Idler and Pitman arms 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's Airbags hooked up to 150psi onboard air comp K&N air intake FASS 150 lift pump MAG-HYTEC Trannypan &Diff cover Rancho 9000 shocks 10% Tint Cognito upper A arms Kryptonite Dmax store XD Lower Aarms Deathgrip tierods

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCLB EFI Live DSP5 4x4 6" Fabtech lift, Wehrli Trac bars S&B cold air intake scoop/box FASS 150 2015+ mirrors Firestone Airbags Kryptonite Deathgrip tierods and tons more

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

I moved your post over to "Electrical" for better views and responses.
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2019, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

Bump

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Old 06-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Check all your TBC2 fuses in the dash end (TBC2A, TBC2B, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Old 06-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

TBC 2C was out. Thought I had checked them all. Hmm. Thank you. That got my reverse lights on the truck to work.but keep blowing 5 amp fuses at b/u trlr fuse tap.

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Old 06-29-2019, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

Pretty sure the short was inside the brand new passenger Spyder mirror. I unplugged that mirrors b/u light and just went with the driverside plugged in and it worked......plugged the passenger in and blew a fuse. So I'm trying to warranty it. Meanwhile I put the old tow mirrors back on and turn signals are messed up. Trying to post a video....still believe it's a bcm problem...

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Old 07-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

So my symptoms are key on lights off, left signal on......outer marker lights flash on both sides in front and small corner light 194 on opposite side flashes, mirrors flash correctly.

Operates the same with right signal on except in fast flash and tail light inner and outer flash opposite on right side.

Attached is something I read that resonates.....

Gonna replace my flasher module with LED compatible one.

Thoughts??Screenshot_20190630-195554.jpg

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Old 07-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
KdNicoll
Freeze Plug

Fast flash disappeared. Good. When right turn signal is on Right rear tail light blinks a C pattern and the inside LED's blink separately. WTF? Hazards work normal tho...

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Old 07-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

I can't help but wonder as to the integrity (durability over time) of your LED taillamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in