L5P: 5th wheel plug in bad harness - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Electrical Discuss anything related to OEM & aftermarket electrical devices including: stereos, speakers, video, batteries, starters, the body control module, lighting, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
dist3allaround
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

5th wheel plug in bad harness

So I just got my 2019 3500. I ordered it with the UY2 wiring provisions. I did not order it with the gooseneck pre-installed or the plug in the bed pre-installed (Can't remember if that was even an option). I am having the B&W installed on Monday. The installed wanted another $200 to do the plug, and I figured I could handle the plug for that price. I have added the plug to my 01 and 02 in the past, but had to splice the wires, etc.
My question is, what harness needs to be ordered, through CURT or whoever, to plug in and add the 7-way plug to the inside of the bed of my truck.
Do I understand correctly that I will not need to actually splice wires? I will just need to get the correct harness and then find the bundled connection under the rear of the truck behind the spare and next to the hitch?
Found this on CURT website, but says it does not fit my 2019.
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56070

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

That fits your 2019 also. That is 100% plug and play electrically. You just need to drill the socket hole and mounting screw holes. And, remember, that kit is 7ft. If your going more than 7ft from the bumper plug, you'll have to cut and splice in extra wire on the kit.

Your UY2 option got you the back half of that kit. Difference is your UY2 has the wires blunt cut and taped up. To use what you've got, you'll need a bed socket that has bare wire screw type provisions.

Or, buy that kit and take the stock UY2 out from under the truck. Both are a Tee connection at the rear bumper plug.

Your UY2 harness is located, bundled up, between the bumper and the spare tire. Here https://gm.oemdtc.com/7951/5th-wheel...ado-gmc-sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 05-02-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in