LMM: Keyless Entry not working...BCM? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Electrical Discuss anything related to OEM & aftermarket electrical devices including: stereos, speakers, video, batteries, starters, the body control module, lighting, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
brandonb250
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Keyless Entry not working...BCM?

Hello all,
I am new to the fourm! I bought a new to me 2008 Gmc 2500 Duramax about a week ago. Truck was very well taken care of. I noticed driving to work the other day my low tire light came on said pressure was low then went out and came back later on with a constant flashing tire indicator and error message saying "service tire monitor system" along with that my keyless entry no longer works remote start etc. I know its not the battery in the remote its been replaced. Any ideas. Could it be a bad BCM?

Last edited by OkDually; 04-18-2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: prefix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to DieselPlace
I moved your post over to "Electrical" for better views and responses

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

It could be lots of things. First start by having your truck scanned with a scanner that will read the BCM. The national autoparts chain stores (Autozone, etc) usually have such scanners. There may/may not be codes, but if there is, that's at least a better place to start than guessing. Write down all the codes and report back. Make sure your battery is fully charged and the battery connections are clean on both ends. Amazing how many problems occur because of bad battery.

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers

Last edited by Ron Nielson; 04-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2019, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Sounds more like an RCDLR issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Old 04-19-2019, 05:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
brandonb250
Low Boost

I will have the truck scanned and report back with what I find. Thank you!
Old 04-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
cwq21
Diesel Boss

It sounds like a TPM sensor. With your truck being a 2008 the batteries in your sensors are now 10+ years old. Find a tire shop that can read each individual sensor and tell you which one is dead and replace that sensor. Chances are you're going to have to change all of them eventually.

Passed down to my son - '03 Silverodo LT, CC, D/A, 4X4, Hypertech, Rino, Bilstiens, TTT's. Eric's pump upgrade, 4" MBRP exhaust, AFE Intake.
2015 Camaro SS2
'06 Mobile Scout 31 BWFS 5th wheel

Owner @ Port Allen Tire & Service
Old 04-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwq21 View Post
It sounds like a TPM sensor. With your truck being a 2008 the batteries in your sensors are now 10+ years old. Find a tire shop that can read each individual sensor and tell you which one is dead and replace that sensor. Chances are you're going to have to change all of them eventually.
Doesn't explain the key fob not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Old 04-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
cwq21
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymccall View Post
Doesn't explain the key fob not working
Correct, I could be wrong. I normally start with the most common things before replacing the BCM.

I've had to reprogram my key FOB on my '03 a couple of times because it lost communication. The BCMs that I've seen go out typically cause other systems to fail too.

Passed down to my son - '03 Silverodo LT, CC, D/A, 4X4, Hypertech, Rino, Bilstiens, TTT's. Eric's pump upgrade, 4" MBRP exhaust, AFE Intake.
2015 Camaro SS2
'06 Mobile Scout 31 BWFS 5th wheel

Owner @ Port Allen Tire & Service
Old 04-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymccall View Post
Sounds more like an RCDLR issue.
I'll have to admit that the RCDLR stumped me. Had no idea what that meant.

Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Programming and Setup

Important:

• When replacing the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR), the tire pressure monitoring (TPM) information can be learned to the new RCDLR in one of two ways. These two methods are reflected in the selections below. Only choose one of the methods; it is not required to do both methods when replacing the RCDLR.
  • If you choose to perform the Copy and Paste TPM Information procedure, Step 1 must be performed BEFORE removing the old RCDLR. This procedure requires that specific TPM information be extracted from the old RCDLR prior to its removal.
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Replacement - Copy and Paste TPM Information

This procedure will learn the TPM information to the new RCDLR using the Copy and Paste function on the scan tool. This procedure will extract the TPM Tire Type information as well as the sensor data from the existing RCDLR prior to its replacement and store this information in the scan tool. After RCDLR replacement and SPS programming, the tire type and sensor data stored in the scan tool is written to the new RCDLR, negating the need to perform the tire type setup and sensor learn procedure.

This procedure should be considered as the first programming choice when replacing an RCDLR. The Copy and Paste procedure eliminates the possibility of incorrectly inputting the tire type or learning stray TPM sensors.

Important: This step must be performed prior to the removal or replacement of the old RCDLR.

1. Using a scan tool, navigate to the Copy and Paste TPM Information procedure and copy the existing TPM information from the RCDLR using the outline below. Follow the on-screen instructions after selecting Step 1:
    • Vehicle Control Systems
    • Module Setup
    • Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
    • Copy and Paste TPM Information
    • Step 1
  1. At this point, install the new RCDLR.
  2. Program the RCDLR - Refer to Service Programming System (SPS). See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning
  3. Using a scan tool, navigate to the Copy and Paste TPM Information procedure to paste the stored TPM information using the outline below. Follow the on-screen instructions after selecting Step 2:
    • Vehicle Control Systems
    • Module Setup
    • Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
    • Copy and Paste TPM Information
    • Step 2
  1. Program the keyless entry transmitters - Refer to Transmitter Programming. See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Replacement - TPM Sensor Learn

This procedure will learn TPM information to the new RCDLR by manually inputting the tire type using the scan tool and performing the TPM sensor learn. This procedure should be performed if the above Copy and Paste procedure can not be completed. An example of this would be an RCDLR that is unable to communicate with the scan tool and is required to be replaced.

1. RCDLR Programming-Refer to Service Programming System (SPS). See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning
  2. Keyless Entry Transmitter Programming-Refer to Transmitter Programming. See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning
  3. Tire Type Setup:
  1. Install a scan tool.
  2. Select Remote Control Door Lock Receiver under Module Setup in the Vehicle Control System menu.
  3. Select Tire Type/Pressure Selection.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  1. Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor Learn-Refer to Tire Pressure Sensor Learn.

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Old 04-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
brandonb250
Low Boost

Hello all,
Just left advanced auto I have three codes. U0100, U0102, U0140. Is there maybe something obvious im overlooking before I purchase the new module?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in