Remote start not working!!!!!! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Electrical Discuss anything related to OEM & aftermarket electrical devices including: stereos, speakers, video, batteries, starters, the body control module, lighting, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dmax17
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Remote start not working!!!!!!

I have a 2008 LMM that gets stored in my barn over the winters. I start it once every couple of weeks. Twice now the remote start will not work. There is no check engine light on or codes. I have EFI live and I am using the edge monitor. I used the edge to check codes and there were none. Once I have started it with the key and let it warm up until the elevated idle is done I shut it off. Then the remote start will work just fine but after sitting for a few weeks it will not start again using remote. This is the 4th winter it's been stored and the first time with any problems. Thanks in advanced for any help everyone might have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hrlyguy2
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

Mine did that sometimes to.Had to get a new key fob.It works fine now.But if the key fob sits in my work van where's it's freezing cold it will not work .
Until it warms up .Not sure why

Last edited by Hrlyguy2; 01-27-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

You are only allowed two remote start events. To achieve any more, you must start the truck, by key, to reset your two count. It's all in the owner's manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 01-27-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dmax17
Gear Grinder

My key fob is always inside where it's warm so I don't think it could b the cold and as far as the truck needing to b started using the key to reset the 2 start thing why didn't the first start work using remote start. I will try my 2nd remote in a couple of days and see what happens.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Brian is spot on. If you remote start it once, then go back a few weeks later, you can remote start it the second time but after that, you'll have to manually start it before the remote will work again.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 01-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
mp06011999
Diesel Mythbuster

I have an aftermarket remote start on my LBZ and it was acting very strange. I thought it would need to be ripped out and then I decided to try the second remote and it is working much better now. Strange that a remote would cause the remote start to act strange even AFTER it would start.

Democrats: abolish ICE... free health care for illegals... make it easy for illegals who cross to stay... give illegals the right to vote... adamantly oppose building a secure border... create "sanctuary cities"... grant illegals in the country amnesty... welfare for illegals... tip off illegals about ICE raids.
And we're supposed to believe that Democrats aren't for open borders simply because they say so?

Old 01-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D_R_C
Diesel Prodigy

Try replacing the battery in your remote or it could have lost contact inside, remove it clean it and put it back in.
If it has a charge port with a perminate battery try fully charging it.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-route
AirDog 4G100

2007 GMC Yukon Denali "BLACK" 6.2 gasser, DIY stock airbox mod, K & N OEM drop-in, Airaid intake tube, EFILive TCM tuned
Old 01-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

One of my brain cells just fired back up - I had to replace both the remotes for my wife's 2008 Acadia as the both quit working. Wasn't the batteries, it was the remotes themselves.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown

Last edited by Tom S.; 01-28-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
submarinedonks
Glow Plug

Armed Forces Club Member

Why bother starting it if you are not going to bring it up to operating temps? The remote will end up being the least of your problems....
2007.5 Silverado 2500HD LT/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Banks Inter-cooler Boost Tube/PPE Rear Diff Cover/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate/All Season Diesel PCV Re-Route/Edge CTS Insight (Gauges)/EFI Live with DSP5 Idaho Rob Tunes/Kenwood DPX 500BT Head Unit, Polk Audio db651 (front)....Kicker in the rear!
Can-Am 500 MAX XT

http://atptrucks.com/

Retired Royal Canadian Navy...
Old 02-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Miles Away
Diesel Student

I know you said you were not getting any engine codes, however I had some glow plug issues that prevented the remote start from working.

2002 Sundowner Horse Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in