Diesel Place banner

abs light and service trailer brake system???

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  armylifer 
#1 ·
The other night my truck started spazzing out the abs light and service trailer brake system lights are coming on at the same time and it will ding. It kicks on and off pretty well constantly. If you're sitting still and turn the wheel to the right it kicks on straighten it out it turns off. Seems like a wire or a ground may be causing the issue. Any one have any ideas of what it could be?

#2 ·
Wheel speed sensor. May be corrosion pushing out the sensor so it doesn't 'sense' properly. Or could be the wire to the sensor is compromised.

#4 ·
I found em on rockauto don't look like they can be to hard to replace may as just stick em on and call it a day

#5 ·
Moved to Electrical...

#6 ·
Have the same thing happen to me my tires rubbed thru the abs/speed sensor... Take the tire off, caliper and disk and the speed sensor is bolted on back there...

#7 ·
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. It was repaired under the extended warranty. The service department told me that it was an electronic control module. They replaced it and all is good now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.