Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   Electrical (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/81-electrical/)
-   -   Service Traction Control, Service Trailer Braking System and Service Stabilitrack (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/81-electrical/417300-service-traction-control-service-trailer-braking-system-service-stabilitrack.html)

SS Crew 04-02-2011 12:11 PM

Service Traction Control, Service Trailer Braking System and Service Stabilitrack

I got in my truck yesterday after work and shortly after I started my truck up I got a double ding ding and saw the messages for "SERVICE STABILTRACK, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, and SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM". And now I've got my ABS light on. What the hell happened?

I can't find anything in the owners manual.
Anybody out there have these messages come up on their truck?
If so, what did it take to get it fixed?

Navyrep1 04-02-2011 01:15 PM

Sounds like it's time to bring it in....obviously something bad happened. Best of luck.

ryanryan 04-02-2011 02:02 PM

I seem to remember reading something about that on here when all three warnings popped up, but I can't find it....

I would just bring it in to the dealer.

SS Crew 04-02-2011 04:39 PM

I got in my truck and did some errand chasing and no messages today....weird. :confused:

redwngr 04-03-2011 12:31 AM

Wheel speed sensor failing, out of adjustment or wiring issue...

ryanryan 04-03-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwngr (Post 4250006)
Wheel speed sensor failing, out of adjustment or wiring issue...

x2.....When I did a general search for those 3 lights, that's what came up.

SS Crew 04-03-2011 04:05 AM

It's going in this week for an oil change, engine compartment rattle at about 2800 rpm, and an amp that pops and cuts out from time to time. I'll have them check the speed sensor too.

Thanks for the head's up.

cowboywildbill 04-03-2011 07:10 AM

Most likely a wheel sensor is dirty or a piece of crud got on it. This can happen after running in inclement weather and when the roads are treated.. I have pressure washed behind my wheels and rotors at a car wash when I have experienced this and solved the problem. It should be a simple fix that your dealer can solve.

MTU alum 04-03-2011 07:43 PM

You will always get a service trailer brake if you have an ABS failure. Since you have, ABS/TCS/ESC lights, it is either a wheel speed sensor or a power/ground type fault.

SS Crew 04-06-2011 11:56 AM

Well, the truck is still at the dealer - they originally said that it was a rear wheel speed sensor, but later in the day I called to see if my truck was ready, they told me that they called GM and now the problem is with the ECM.

I'll find out later today if they fixed it.