Diesel Place banner

Service Trailer Brake System Message

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  OIL99 
#1 ·
I have a 2007.5 LMM that's 3 weeks old. I put a Draw-Tite trailer plug in the bed that T'd into the factory wiring harness on the rear bumper. I did a test pull with my 5th wheel last weekend to test the Integrated Brake Controller and lights. Everything worked great! Starting Monday morning I've been getting the Service Trailer Brake System message on the DIC. I can't find a blown fuse or anything. Does anyone know what else to check before I hand it over to the dealer?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Yes and no. You were actually on the right track. I wired tied the T connector in such a way that it filled up with water! Took it apart, blew it out with WD-40 and wire tied it back where water wouldn't collect in it and everything appears to be good to go!

#7 ·
glad you got it figured out. how do you like the integrated brake controller?

#8 ·
I've only pulled about 20 miles so far but that was a combination of city and highway. In the city and manuevering at slow speeds the integrated unit is MUCH smoother than the Prodigy I had on my '03. It has to be a function of the proportional brake control based on pedal input rather than inertia to determine how much trailer brake to apply. On the highway I didn't really notice much difference.

Headed to Florida in a week so I'll give it a better test then.

The biggest issue I've had with the new truck is the bed depth being 1 1/2" deeper than my '03. This is causing my pin box to come VERY close to the top of the bed when making very sharp turns. Really the only time it is an issue is when I turn around in the cul-de-sac in front of my house.

#9 · (Edited)
I have a 2007.5 LMM that's 3 weeks old. I put a Draw-Tite trailer plug in the bed that T'd into the factory wiring harness on the rear bumper. I did a test pull with my 5th wheel last weekend to test the Integrated Brake Controller and lights. Everything worked great! Starting Monday morning I've been getting the Service Trailer Brake System message on the DIC. I can't find a blown fuse or anything. Does anyone know what else to check before I hand it over to the dealer?

Thanks!
I get the service trailer brake message everytime I get the truck washed. Message stops after about 24hrs.

#10 ·
Interesting! I got this message once when I pulled my trailer out of my yard. Got out checked the connections and noticed my trailer brake safety cable was unplugged at the trailer (I'll blame it on the neighborhood kids!). I plugged it back in and it wouldn't go away. The IBC wouldn't activate the trailer brakes either... I turned the truck off for a few minutes and re-attached everything and viola... it worked, message gone. If I recall we didn't have any moisture previously but this is something I'll watch for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.