Diesel Place banner

Add a rear helper spring to 2500?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Icutmetl 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this to help with pin weight on toyhauler? Wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue other than installing the tabs for the helper. Would it basically make my 2500 a 3500 SRW?

#2 ·
Take a look at the Timbren overload springs. Reasonably priced, easy install, and they straight up work. I have a set on an 02 2500hd with an 8.1 and they made a big improvement when towing a cattle trailer weighing as much as 16k.

#3 ·
I’ve been pleased with my SumoSprings SSR-207-47 bump stop replacements; they are rated for 1500lb at 50% compression, and are their lightest & cheapest option. I haven’t had it loaded down super heavy yet, but I’ve found them to be 100% transparent in their operation. They barely engage with mild tongue or bed weight and provide “just that little bit extra.” They also offer two heavier duty versions, both of which are more expensive than Timbrens, and mount with brackets. If I add 1” blocks to the rear; or if I feel I need something heavier, I will likely go the Timbren route as they are reasonably priced and Ofer additional spacers for mildly lifted trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.