Diesel Place banner

3-Car Trailer

LBZ: 
2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  garrett41 
#1 ·
My brother and I are going to start making some money using my Duramax hauling cars. We will be using a 3 car trailer that weighs 5800-lbs and is rated for 14,000-lbs. I am concerned about the stress that I will be putting on the suspension and just the entire backend of my truck. I drive a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.6L Duramax. If anyone had any comments, questions, or concerns, plz give me your input because I definitely need it.

#5 ·
I suspect your truck has a tow rating around 12k on the bumper and 13-14k on a gooseneck. It may move it down the road, but you can do the math. :)

Whatever you do, please run it across the scales to make sure you are within the limits of your front and rear axles and tires (same for the trailer axles/tires). The manufacturer limit may come up if you are in an accident, but as long as you are within the axle/tire weight limits, it should be fairly safe to operate.

Reactions: TiredFarmer
#9 ·
I suspect your truck has a tow rating around 12k on the bumper and 13-14k on a gooseneck. It may move it down the road, but you can do the math.

Whatever you do, please run it across the scales to make sure you are within the limits of your front and rear axles and tires (same for the trailer axles/tires). The manufacturer limit may come up if you are in an accident, but as long as you are within the axle/tire weight limits, it should be fairly safe to operate.
If my gooseneck rating is 14,000-lbs and the weight of my trailer is 5800-lbs then does that mean I should really only load the trailer with the difference of weight. So 8200-lbs?

#8 ·
And I agree but unfortunately I do not have a dually only the srw.

#7 ·
Not a bumper pull. 5th wheel

#13 ·
Good money?? I would just be using the dispatch websites to get loads at least at first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.