Changing Front Rotors - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010 Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, street suspension, air ride suspension, steering components, etc. First through fourth generation.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
bracing248
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Changing Front Rotors

What is the procedure to change front rotors on a 1996 CK2500 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlkSmkJNky
Diesel Apprentice

Take the tire off obviously. Pull the 4 bolts out of the back side wheel bearing assembly, two will be on the upper control arm two on the lower. Pull the entire wheel bearing/Hub assembly/ABS assembly off. Then drive the studs out of the hub assembly, be sure to use a rubber mallet and or put the lug nuts back on and keep them flush with the stud to keep from damaging your threads. Once the studs are out your rotor will be free, then just repeat the process in reverse. I

I know thats pretty breif but youll get the idea. I learned how to get them out on my 95 2500 the hard way. (thought they were siezeed to my hub so my buddy gets the bright idea to torch it and heat it up, haha wrong. I ended up pulling the whole assembly off and doing as I told you, got the rotors off but found he burnt my wheel bearing up. Which if you didnt know costs between $350-400 to replace because it is all one assembly. Once I figured it out it only took me 30 minutes to replace the other side, and Im hardly a hobby mechanic.

Hope this helps, and i hope its the same as my 95, Im pretty confident it will be. Let me know if youve got anymore questions.

Caleb

Last edited by BlkSmkJNky; 03-03-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
bracing248
Block Heater

Thanks

we'll give it a shot, knew it was a little more than sliding off and on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...ighlight=rotor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in