2017 Chevy BDS Coilover Conversion w/ pics - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2011+
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Suspension & Steering - 2011+ Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, street suspension, air ride suspension, steering components, etc. Fifth generation and above...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By riesc55

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
riesc55
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2017 Chevy BDS Coilover Conversion w/ pics

Been trolling on this site for a while getting some ideas. Went ahead and committed to the BDS 2-3” Coilover conversion lift with 35” BFGs on 18x9 Method Wheels. Did the install over a weekend. It’s a pretty straight forward install but does require welding a bracket to brace the stock shock tower. I set the coilover height to level out the truck and didn’t lift the rear. I couldn’t find much info or pics on anyone running the kit so I figured I’d post on it and answer questions if there were any. Didn’t touch the rebound or compression settings and it rides like a dream; a huge improvement over the torsion bar setup from the factory.

Im no professional photographer but I hope you enjoy!

2017 2500 LTZ Z71 4x4
Lift - BDS 2-3” lift/Coilover Conversion up front; no lift in rear w/ 2.5” remote resi’s
Wheels - Method Racing 18x9 w/5” BS. Slight trimming of the front of the inner fender, only rubbed in reverse at full lock.

stock for meow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
BanksLB7Duramax
Diesel Champ

That CCLB is beautiful! I really like your approach to the lift, better performance while not altering the ability of the truck to do work, and to still be able to work out of the truck. Job well done. My only concern is that you’d be looking at the sky when towing, but a set of airbags in the rear would keep it Level. Does the kit alter any capacities of the truck?

MY FUELLY PAGE LINK

1984 C20 6.2 J Code TH400
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
riesc55
Low Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanksLB7Duramax View Post
That CCLB is beautiful! I really like your approach to the lift, better performance while not altering the ability of the truck to do work, and to still be able to work out of the truck. Job well done. My only concern is that you’d be looking at the sky when towing, but a set of airbags in the rear would keep it Level. Does the kit alter any capacities of the truck?
Thanks! It turned out exactly how I wanted which is exactly what you stated, still able to use the truck while improving the overall suspension ride and performance.

I haven’t towed anything big other then some dirt bikes and a UTV on a trailer since I put the lift on. Have a 25’ toy hauler we will be taking on a trip in about a month so we will see how it does. The bags would definitely help the stock rear leafs and overload. Maybe this trip will give me the extra push I need to beef up the rear.

stock for meow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
dmarriner60
Gear Grinder

Nice nice work man and thanks for sharing. I would like to do the same as you have done here, perfect setup in my eye's. An auto-leveling bag set up and there will be nothing that can touch it out and available from the showroom is what I figure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in