Axle Shaft Retainer Bolt - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Drivetrain - 2011+
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Drivetrain - 2011+ Discuss front and rear axle, transfer case, brakes, etc. Transmission questions belong in the appropriate transmission forum below. Fifth generation and above...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Meathead
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Axle Shaft Retainer Bolt

Does anyone know the specs on the rear axle retainer bolts? This is the eight bolts visible on the full-floater hub. I need to know the size, thread pitch, length and, if possible, the grade of the bolt.

'17 CC DRW L5P GMC Denali in Summit White - delivered 01.06.17 w/ 18 miles on the clock - 5% tint all around - de-badged by Armando - ATTA AT90L-TT aux fuel tank/tool box, custom install by me, Allison deep pan full of Transynd, 55psi Crossfire caring for 255/80-17 Toyo OC ATIIs.. 110,000 miles and counting..

'07 CCSB LBZ Silverado Classic, 482,708 miles. Purchased 10.06. Retired 01.06.17, sold to my buddy in MS - happy I was able to keep it in the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Joey D
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
Does anyone know the specs on the rear axle retainer bolts? This is the eight bolts visible on the full-floater hub. I need to know the size, thread pitch, length and, if possible, the grade of the bolt.
I looked all over and nothing comes up on the newer stuff. I would bet it hasnít changed vs the 01-10 GM truck stuff but canít confirm that.
Are you looking for new bolts for some reason?

NRA Member, GOAL member
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Meathead
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
I looked all over and nothing comes up on the newer stuff. I would bet it hasnít changed vs the 01-10 GM truck stuff but canít confirm that.
Are you looking for new bolts for some reason?

I need to buy a slightly longer bolt, likely 1/2" - 3/4" longer. I run Crossfire pressure equalizers, but I don't like the bracket provided with them. I'm also preparing to put aftermarket wheels on the truck, which will have valve stems in different locations, and different orientations. Because of that, I'll have to order new Crossfire units to suit, so I'm planning to fabricate my own bracket, and resolve all my gripes about the system.

I'd be willing to buy the slightly longer bolt I need, to match the size, thread pitch, and grade of those. I could pull one and check that it fits before I go any further, and the only thing I've risked is the cost of four bolts. In your search, did you see the spec on the '01-'10 ones?
'17 CC DRW L5P GMC Denali in Summit White - delivered 01.06.17 w/ 18 miles on the clock - 5% tint all around - de-badged by Armando - ATTA AT90L-TT aux fuel tank/tool box, custom install by me, Allison deep pan full of Transynd, 55psi Crossfire caring for 255/80-17 Toyo OC ATIIs.. 110,000 miles and counting..

'07 CCSB LBZ Silverado Classic, 482,708 miles. Purchased 10.06. Retired 01.06.17, sold to my buddy in MS - happy I was able to keep it in the family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Joey D
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
I need to buy a slightly longer bolt, likely 1/2" - 3/4" longer. I run Crossfire pressure equalizers, but I don't like the bracket provided with them. I'm also preparing to put aftermarket wheels on the truck, which will have valve stems in different locations, and different orientations. Because of that, I'll have to order new Crossfire units to suit, so I'm planning to fabricate my own bracket, and resolve all my gripes about the system.

I'd be willing to buy the slightly longer bolt I need, to match the size, thread pitch, and grade of those. I could pull one and check that it fits before I go any further, and the only thing I've risked is the cost of four bolts. In your search, did you see the spec on the '01-'10 ones?
Iíd say 1/2x13 bolt like the pre 11 trucks were but pull one and check.
NRA Member, GOAL member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in