Service stabilitrak, traction control and trailer brake - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Drivetrain - 2011+
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Drivetrain - 2011+ Discuss front and rear axle, transfer case, brakes, etc. Transmission questions belong in the appropriate transmission forum below. Fifth generation and above...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scagboy
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Service stabilitrak, traction control and trailer brake

I have a 2012 LML duramax and Today I was driving across a field in 4low then ran it in 4hi for a little ways. Well when I got on the road I put truck back in 2wd. Well as soon as I started driving on road my lights came on with a chime and the display said service traction control, service stabilitrak, service trailer brake system and ABS light came on. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help welcome thanks. Note truck has lift and today was the first time I put truck in 4wd since lift was installed?

EFILive by Mcrat with help from THE NEENS, AIRAID INTAKE, STRAIGHT PIPE, EGR CODE ELIMINATOR, AUTOMETER GAUGES PYRO. AND BOOST W/ PPE OVERHEAD POLISH ALUM. GAUGE MOUNT, TINTED WINDOWS 5 OVER 20 ALL THE WAY AROUND AND DROP TINT ON FRONT, BILLET GRILLE w/ CHROME GMC EMBLEM, RDS TOOLBOX/60 GAL. FUELTANK COMBO
MAXXCAM TORSION KEYS, 20x10 JESSE JAMES LAWLESS 8, 305/55R20 DICK CEPEK MUD COUNTRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

You done dislodged one of the four wheel speed sensor wires. The right rear one had to be rerouted on all of mine, to make it less susceptible to snagging. Once you identify the break, you'll need to replace that sensor or repair the harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 11-19-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
GM Customer Svc
Official GM Rep

We would be more than happy to look into this for you. Could you please private message your name, address, VIN, and current mileage. This will allow us to do the proper research on your concern.

Jessica L.
GM Customer Care
Available Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
oliver diesel
Diesel Fanatic

Today, I had this message: "service trailer brake system" . I stopped. Employee unplugged the trailer. Still had the message. Shut the truck off, and started it back up. No message! Plugged the trailer back in, and drove away. Never did have that message come back. I drove about 2-1/2 more hours.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
boyne
Diesel Fanatic

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Had something similar happen to me. It turned out a large bundle of wires under the dash weren't completely plugged in which affecte those same things and the throttle pedal. It took 5 trips to the dealership before they finally figured out that was the problem.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
garrett41
Rather Be Fishin'

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Moved to 2011+ Drivetrain...

2013 Palomino Puma Unleashed 356QLB Toy Hauler
36ft, 12ft Garage, 14,500lbs GVW
Old 09-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-max319
Sparkplug Hunter

My service traction control light keeps coming on and while sitting in park the truck stalls and shuts off. Even while driving it will stall but not shut off. Could this be the same thing?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Lead Moderator
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

D-max319, please fill out your signature that shows what year of truck you have and what mods it has. This will help us to help you.

Thanks.
2017 3500HD CCLB Black on Black LTZ Loaded L5P, Banks Derringer with I dash, Ranch Hand bumper with 18K superwinch talon, Curt 20k puck hitch, 60 gallon aluminum transfer tank with electric pump, Onan Quiet Diesel 5500 for extra weight in the bed, Cooper STT PRO 285/65R18 and Vision Manic wheels. 2nd set of tires and wheels, Cepek Trail Country EXP 285/65R18 on Ultra Predator II Black/Machined 18x9

2018 Solitude 310GK fifth wheel with a 12' Haulmark tag trailer to haul toys in.

1997 Jeep TJ, Currie 8.8 high pinion axles front and rear with ARB air lockers, 4.56, 5 on 5.5 with warn hub kit, Atlas II transfer case with Klune V doubler, 4 inch Currie Lift and 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels, Ramsey 9500 winch, hydraulic ram assist steering, on board welder and on board air, custom aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-max319 View Post
My service traction control light keeps coming on and while sitting in park the truck stalls and shuts off. Even while driving it will stall but not shut off. Could this be the same thing?
If you have problems with engine torque deliery, that will set the traction and stability control lights. If you fix your stalling issue, your traction control problem will likely be fixed as well.

SOLD:
2003 LB7 ECSB 4X4
Tuxedo cover
LT265/75R16 Michelin MS2

Senior Development Engineer
Vehicle Dynamics
General Motors Milford Proving Grounds
Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
GM Customer Svc
Official GM Rep

Hey D-max319,

I’m sorry to hear that your service traction control keeps coming on. I’m sure that one of the awesome folks on this forum will have some insight on helping you. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to send me a private message.

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

Available Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in