HELP! Service stabilitrak, service traction control, service trailer brake system - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Drivetrain - 2011+
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

Drivetrain - 2011+ Discuss front and rear axle, transfer case, brakes, etc. Transmission questions belong in the appropriate transmission forum below. Fifth generation and above...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
teamsynergy
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

HELP! Service stabilitrak, service traction control, service trailer brake system

Like the title says... here is the story.. I just bought a new 13' 3500HD srw long bed and put 700 miles on it over the weekend. All was good. I went today and bought a new plow mount and installed it as well as my plow harness. During the installation of the mount, I had to start the truck breifly and turn the steering wheel to the right then to the left for the mount install. After wrapping up the outside of the truck, I needed a 12v power wire so I grabbed the same one I always do... See pic. The harness I tie into is the LT DR one, its the driver side door harness connection. Anyway, after this was done, I proceeded to fire up the truck and try to back out of the shop. Once I stepped on the brake and tried to shift into reverse I found that I could not. The shifter would not move. I also do not have brake lights anymore. After playing and tapping the brake while shifting, I was able to get it into gear. I proceeded to try and drive it. The truck had zero power. I had to stomp on the gas pedal and then it finally woke up. This is by far the weirdest issue I have ever had. The truck is home but I am very concerned as I need it to be in working order for tomorrow night as we are expected to get 1' of snow and I need to plow. Anyone have any suggestions???

Attached Images
File Type: png chevrolet-silverado-fuse-panel-relay.png (6.3 KB, 457 views)

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by teamsynergy; 03-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
teamsynergy
Diesel Starter

problem solved. Took it to the dealer today, the brake pedal sensor (has a fork at the end) was not installed correctly. It was a fluke that the error codes started flying hen they did...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
GM Customer Svc
Official GM Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
problem solved. Took it to the dealer today, the brake pedal sensor (has a fork at the end) was not installed correctly. It was a fluke that the error codes started flying hen they did...

teamsynergy,
Glad to hear your dealer was able to resolve this issue for you!

-Sara
GM Customer Service
Available Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in