Diesel Place banner

Two different mph readings

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GM Customer Svc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I found that the speedometer is at 60 and the Driver Info Center is at 55. I go to the dealer and they say well it might be covered under the drive train warrty. But again it might not be a drive train problem so it has 97000 miles and no warrty. So my question is has anyone ever had this happen and which area of warrty was it covered under. Thanks in advance.
Other than this I like the truck.

#2 · (Edited)
You need to fix your subject title. Looks like a "tow" question.

My speedometer has never been accurate in any vehicle since like 2005. Mine are all off a little even with everything stock. I've used a GPS to know what's right and used a programmer to set the speedo. The dealer tried on the LBZ, but failed.

#4 ·
Title fixed. :thumb:

#7 ·
Hello WJW,
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconsistencies between your speedometer and your Driver Info Center. I realize at this time you are looking to other forum members for feedback. However, I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you and provide additional assistance when working with your dealership. Private message me with more details if this is something that interests you.
All the best,
Julianne M.
GM Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.