Steering pulling both way? - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Medium Duty Trucks
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Medium Duty Trucks Discuss GM Kodiak/Topkicks, 4500/5500 & up medium duty engine & all associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
law58
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Didn't know there was a filter,i'll check it out.I'm leaning toward internal failure,I read elsewhere to jack the front end off ground and start truck,the wheels may turn on their own ! Thanx for insight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
bamfm7
Glow Plug

Had this same type of weird scenario play out on a 4X4 ford 1 ton. believe it or not it turned out to be Axle shaft u-joints binding. went through all the same thoughts on power steering and such. Good luck! let us know what you find

2006 C4500 4X4 Crew Full Monroe conversion, Triple air ride, 4"dual exhaust, EGR deleted, 5 to 6 speed TCM programming. Trans go jr. Raptor lift pump, Ali-Arc bumper, 22.5 wheels, EFI LIVE Tune from Rob at ATP

SOLD....but not gone`03 CC SB, 3" Down pipe, 4" back, K&N Intake, ATS converter+co-pilot, ALTO clutches+steels, Runs on SVO/WVO ....EFI LIVE, DSP 5, LBZ CP3, Turbo Intake Horn Mod, And Cold shot Water/Meth injection, Vision wheels 245-70-19.5
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
LanduytG
Diesel Boss

Sounds to me like your saying wanders. Which indicates tow out.

Greg

Last edited by LanduytG; 03-27-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
mp06011999
Diesel Mythbuster

If you run out of things to check....

I recall issues similar with old beaters, hoopties...

It could be tow in / out. It could be a bad tire belt.

I don't want to brag... but this is like the 5th "End of the World" I've survived.

Democrats: abolish ICE... free health care for illegals... make it easy for illegals who cross to stay... give illegals the right to vote... adamantly oppose building a secure border... create "sanctuary cities"... grant illegals in the country amnesty... welfare for illegals... tip off illegals about ICE raids.
And we're supposed to believe that Democrats aren't for open borders simply because they say so?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
law58
Diesel Fanatic

I drove truck today for the first time in a month and it drove perfect. With this covid virus going on I've been laying low,really low ! Did see a small puddle under the steering unit ,maybe 6 " in diameter. We'll see what happens,its one of those weird intermittent problems. Thanx, stay safe !
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
ronjhall
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by law58 View Post
I drove truck today for the first time in a month and it drove perfect. With this covid virus going on I've been laying low,really low ! Did see a small puddle under the steering unit ,maybe 6 " in diameter. We'll see what happens,its one of those weird intermittent problems. Thanx, stay safe !
To much air pressure in front tires can also cause wandering. Get your truck weighed. Then set pressure using one of the tire manufactures pressure setting charts.
2004 C5500 Kodiak LLY. Gulf Stream Endura 25,000lbs with car, EGR Blocker & stick. PVC reroute. No programmer, Bilstien shocks, Ride Rite air Bags, Train horns, Filter minder, ISSPRO trans temp gauge, VDO EGT gauge, TST tire pressure monitor, Scangauge II, MBRP muffler, Modified turbo MP.
Avg mileage over 76k miles 10.3 mpg. Sold it 5/17.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
law58
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
To much air pressure in front tires can also cause wandering. Get your truck weighed. Then set pressure using one of the tire manufactures pressure setting charts.
Thanx, pressure all good,tires newer,its an actual power steering issue,if you drove it when it happens you'd be scratching your head lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in