2006 C4500 line under Reverse won't start - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Medium Duty Trucks
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Medium Duty Trucks Discuss GM Kodiak/Topkicks, 4500/5500 & up medium duty engine & all associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kotagirl72
Diesel Student

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2006 C4500 line under Reverse won't start

Truck was running fine, went to back out of the driveway and when I put it in gear it drove a little ways but acted like the transmission wasn't in gear.

I stopped the truck and shut it off. Now the line is showing the truck is in reverse, won't start but I can shift it into neutral so we could pull it out of the driveway. I put the code scanner on but there are no codes showing.

Could this be the NSBU switch? The transmission has about 50K miles on it and is still under warranty but there's no way for me to get it to a shop that's about 100 miles away for them to work on it. I get the normal transmission light and limp mode but the codes are normally P0101 and P0106, my air cleaner hits that stupid MAF sensor and will throw the CEL and Transmission light then go right into limp mode. I reset the codes, push the MAF sensor to reseat it and the truck will run great for a long time until I hit some rough roads and the air cleaner hits that sensor again.

Also I've heard that moisture causes this problem. Could someone also let me know where exactly the NSBU switch is located on the 1000 transmissions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2018, 05:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
ronjhall
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Here is a good thread on NSBU switch.
Switch is on side of transmission. Easy to find using the pictures in thread as a reference.

2004 C5500 Kodiak LLY. Gulf Stream Endura 25,000lbs with car, EGR Blocker & stick. PVC reroute. No programmer, Bilstien shocks, Ride Rite air Bags, Train horns, Filter minder, ISSPRO trans temp gauge, VDO EGT gauge, TST tire pressure monitor, Scangauge II, MBRP muffler, Modified turbo MP.
Avg mileage over 76k miles 10.3 mpg. Sold it 5/17.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in